Information about your Blue Stream Fiber Services & Our COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Response
Now more than ever, having reliable service is important. Blue Stream Fiber is taking numerous steps to ensure you remain connected to your services.
As we continue to monitor the developing situation we want to provide you with answer to questions you may have about what Blue Stream Fiber is doing in these unprecedented times. For more information about how to protect you and your family, please visit the State of Florida Health Department at http://www.floridahealth.gov/.
During this time of in-home learning and remote working, Blue Stream Fiber understands how important it is to have reliable internet service.
Network Management & Reliability
Our engineers are monitoring capacity, usage patterns and making necessary adjustments 24/7 to ensure reliable connectivity. While we have experienced significant shifts in daytime usage, overall, we are keeping peaks within operating standards. With the massive restrictions requiring forcing the majority of our customers to stay home every night, activity and duration of activity has sharply increased. Our engineers are balancing bandwidth across our entire customer base on a real-time basis. However, in spite of good engineering and best efforts, it is possible you may experience some temporary reductions in speeds while adjustments are underway. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these times.
Our representatives are available to assist you, and as always, our Tech Support team is available 24/7.
If you suspect you are experiencing slow internet speed or problems with your internet service, we ask that you first read the information provided below about how to optimize your home WiFi network. We believe educating yourself on common WiFi problems and making some changes in your home could prevent you from having to call us or having an in-home service call.
Please note if you do call that you may experience longer than normal wait times.
Here are the ways you can pay your bill:
Online Bill Pay: We recommend paying your bill online. If you have not already set-up online bill pay, visit Account pages for more information.
Pay by Phone: Payments can be made by phone through our automated process. No processing fee will be charged for customers using the automated service. Representatives can process payments over the phone. However, a $5.00 processing fee will be applied. To avoid that fee, customers can sign-up for online bill pay or pay through the automated phone line.
Service Center: We kindly ask to prevent contact that you do not pay you bill in person. Please pay you bill by mail, online or by phone. Contact us
Business Safety Plan
WHAT WE’RE DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE
As always, our technicians are ready to provide you with excellent installation experiences and in-home support. In addition to supporting your services we are taking the following precautions to ensure our collective health and well-being:
- Requiring all technicians sanitize their hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or to wash their hands with soap and water both before and after every customer visit;
- Verifying that all occupants of a home are not sick or exhibiting symptoms of the virus before entering the home;
- Wearing nitrile or latex gloves to prevent hand contact with home or office surfaces;
- Wiping down and disinfecting our trucks’ interior surface and the tools; and
- Refraining from touching hands with customers and from sharing any pens or other items with customers.
PROTECTING OUR EMPLOYEES & COMMUNITY
To protect our employees and neighbors, Blue Stream Fiber is taking the following measures:
- Cancelling non-essential business travel;
- Utilizing technology for meetings and community town hall presentations;
- Ensuring that any employee exhibiting symptoms stay home until they are no longer symptomatic;
- Creating work from home plans for employees;
- Reinforcing good hygiene practices such as frequent hand washing; and
- Asking customers who are feeling ill and have a service appointment to please contact us [link to contact us page] to reschedule.
POTENTIAL IMPACTS TO CUSTOMER SUPPORT
During this ever-evolving situation, Blue Stream Fiber will do all that we can to provide excellent customer support. That said, if the virus causes too many members of our staff to become ill, there could be an impact to hold times or home service calls. While we do not anticipate this occurring, we want you to be aware of the potential for this. Should this occur we will do all that we can to return to normal quickly and we appreciate your patience in advance.